Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - Post Master's Certificate online
Prepare for exams and earn the credentials for recognition as an Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner.
What our online AGACNP Post Master’s Certificate offers students.
Designed specifically for nurses who hold MSN degree qualifications, the Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - Post Master's Certificate online program from YSU lays the groundwork for you to take the American Nurses Credentialing Center and/or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners AG-ACNP certification exams. Following national certification, you can be granted prescriptive authority through the Ohio Board of Nursing.
This online AGACNP program builds on your ability to care for adults with complex and chronic conditions in high acuity and specialty areas. You will learn to provide comprehensive and holistic primary care to a culturally diverse population while studying health promotion, health maintenance, and management of common health problems with an emphasis on physical assessment, diagnosis and management of patient care needs.
The program includes a supervised clinical practicum consisting of 540 hours in a variety of acute care settings. As you approach the post-master's nursing level, our core curriculum features in-depth studies of pathophysiology, diagnostics and technologies, pharmacology and more.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing programs at Youngstown State University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791, ccneaccreditation.org.
Pay for your online AGACNP program by the course.
YSU is committed to providing an outstanding education that is also affordable. Tuition is structured to give our in-state and out-of-state students the best value and flexibility.
|Program||Per Credit Hour||Per Course||Per Program|
|Adult Gero Acute Care NP - Post Master's Cert||$527||$532||$1,581||$1,596||$18,972||$19,152|
Application: $45 (waived if you are an active/veteran military member)
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. The first step in applying for financial aid is to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). YSU's Federal School Code is 003145.
One University Plaza
Meshel Hall, 203
Youngstown, OH 44555
Email: [email protected]
Important dates to remember.
At YSU, we offer multiple start dates throughout the year so you never have to wait long to get started on your online degree program. The chart below shows upcoming start dates, along with important deadlines, such as when your application should be submitted and when payments are due.
Nursing programs also available:
|First Starts||Program Start Date||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline||Tuition Deadline||Last Class Day|
Steps to being admitted to our online nursing program.
The admission process is the first step toward earning your online certificate from Youngstown State University. Find out the program requirements, what additional materials you need and where you should send them.
- Complete graduate admissions application and pay $45 non-refundable application fee
- MSN degree from an accredited program
- Regular admission requires a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and verification of work experience
- A minimum of one year of critical care experience is required (can include emergency room, ICU or intermediate acute care experience) prior to registering for the first specialty course
- If GPA is 2.7 – 2.99, a minimum of two years of critical care experience is required (can include emergency room, ICU or intermediate acute care experience) prior to registering for the first specialty course
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Verification of a current, unencumbered RN license and expiration date in the state in which the student is licensed and practices and will be completing practicum hours
Clinical Hours and Experience
Applicants will complete a Supplemental Employment Verification form as part of the application process. This is used to verify clinical hours and experience.
- Current BLS certification, immunizations, drug screen and criminal background checks are maintained while in the program annually
- Current ACLS certification required prior to the start of clinicals
Official Transcripts must come directly from the institution. These can be sent to electronically via email [email protected] or mailed to the following address:Youngstown State University
College of Graduate Studies
One University Plaza
Youngstown, OH 44555
Transcripts issued directly to a student by an institution can only be accepted if they are in a sealed envelope from the college or university.
Read about Youngstown State’s AGACNP online courses.
To complete the Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - Post Master's Certificate online program, you must complete 36 credit hours, comprised of 18 credit hours of core courses and 18 credit hours of specialty and practicum courses.